Sunday, September 9, 2007

Glee!

I have a job now!!! One that pays!! Yeah, the catering business is great-- as long as you actually have jobs lined up.

This job is incredible: part-time, weekends, dinner shift garde-manger. I'm sloooooowly working my way up to become (assistant) pastry chef. I went for a go-see Wednesday and it went really well! I felt all official in my chef coat, red bandanna, and Seabee cap... and I actually got to bring my knife bag of awesome! I do so dearly love my knives... they are very nice. It's just too bad I (don't think) I'll be able to use them at J&W U. They give you a very nice knife set though, and it's included in the tuition cost.

We had some Roadrunners from J&W U come to our culinary class last week. What/ Who are Roadrunners, you say? They are students who take a term off (or employees) to talk about the university and its awesomeness. At any rate, one of the Roadrunners is a former student of my school and was on our culinary team for competitions in FCCLA. She's a Baking and Pastry major, so we all got a nice lesson in prettifying puff pastry and making cute little apple tarts. They were adorable AND tasty! A very enjoyable experience.

I have some lovely photographs of the food from the past two nights, which I will be updating tonight. I just have to finish tonight's!

Jyaa ne!

No comments: