Friday, June 29, 2007

COOL MOVIE!

Ok so this is the first post that is (mostly) unrelated to food. I just went and saw Ocean's 13 the other day and IT IS AWESOME! The cast alone (Joe Pesci, George Clooney, Bernie Mac et al.) was great, and the plot tied in elements from the previous two movies very well. The opening credits were reminiscent of the original Ocean's movie done in 1960. I had gotten the baking bug earlier that week, so a few hours before I left for the movie, I made cookies! It wasn't mom's recipe, so she was a bit miffed, but they were good cookies nonetheless. It was a great way of not having to spend too much on concessions! Cookies and Dark Chocolate aka (although i don't know why) Men's Pocky take care of the snacks, and then you can either bring some water or grab a coke. This is where being female has its advantages, no one bothers you when you have a big purse. Looking at it now, my purse isn't even half the size of some I've seen out and about now, and my everyday purse is even smaller! Guys, try man-purses. My grandpa has one, and it looks like a small version of a messenger bag. And my grandpa is no girly-man! He's 82 and has only stopped chopping logs for the fireplace because the doctor said no. If it makes you feel better, call it a messenger bag or briefcase. If they let you in with it, bring a backpack.

Back on subject!!

Ocean's 13 was a definite hit, and I recommend it to anyone who likes James Bond movies or heist movies. It would help if you have seen the other two movies in the series, but there is enough explanation and unrelated stuff there that it's not absolutely necessary. Go see it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.