Saturday, June 23, 2007

So here's a story... of a chef-like lady... ok you know the tune

For lack of a better picture I have put Gackt as the main picture on my blog, eating what looks to be takoyaki (octopus dumplings). Yum!

My first official job interview was today. I hope it went well. It's a big position for a newbie, so if I get it that will be BEYOND incredible.

A big hug goes out to all of my special people-- Captain Obvious, Nomu-kun, family members, and friends-- for the awesome support network you have been in these past few weeks and for as long as I have known you. You have no idea how awesome you are.

Anyway... by me there is this great place that gets leftovers and rejects from major foodservice establishments, and every once in a while they have a freezer sale. One word: WOW. Today was the first time I checked it out, and there was everything from yellow fin tuna (still frozen, so maybe sashimi-able) to hamburger patties to bacon (in big giant boxes on sheets.. my culinary teacher would be ecstatic) to kielbasa. This place also has nice syrups and cans-o-stuff, if you can find things without dents. Dents are bad; dents = botulism = ew. More than food, they also have the occasional great find in clothes. I was able to nab a $90 sweater for under $15. That's at least an 80% discount-- my grandpa would be proud.

So dinner for the next few days gets to be super-gourmet stuff. A combination of freezer sale goodness and a few nice (and nicely priced) Farmer's Market finds make for a lot of fun in the kitchen. Aren't good deals a wonderful thing?

No comments: