Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Debts

You know how most people have cash debts or credit debts? Apparently, I have pie debts. For the past few years, I have been the pie supplier for small parties at a bar my dad likes. Nice people... even when they're tipsy! I usually make only one or two pies, but from what I hear they are gone in 10 minutes. Wow. Because of this, people who have done favors for me now ask for pie instead of another form of payment. That and barbecue sushi. What is that, you ask? Eastern style pulled pork barbecue in sticky rice wrapped in a tortilla sushi-style, then sliced into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces. I once made a HUGE platter of it for a party there and for a Taekwondo awards ceremony after-party and they were a big hit.

Anyways, I'm now making two apple pies-- one for a person who says I owe her (and right now I do, because I got some cool shoes from her), and one for a person who more than deserves it and needs it. It's a great comfort food, right up there with my grandma's chicken soup (and it's Kosher, oy vey!), my mom's chocolate chip cookies (she won't give me the recipe darn it!!), and my dad's chicken cacciatore.

My dad says I am now the pie-master of the house so he won't help me. It's not my fault that I like making pie crusts from scratch and they come out better than commercial pie crusts... oh wait, yes it is. He could at least help with the pie innards.

I'll post some pics of the pies and the "pie-nots" later.

No comments: